Monday, January 31, 2011

Groceries

 Day one:

I went grocery shopping yesterday and I ended up going to Pogue's Run Market and then to Kroger as well. My grocery list this week consisted of:
Fruits: organic kiwis, strawberries, raspberries, organic lemons
Vegetables: red onion, white onion, organic mixed greens, organic asparagus, tomatoes, artichokes, green onions
Dairy: locally made full fat plain yogurt, goat cheese, heavy cream, organic cream cheese, swiss cheese
Protein: locally raised chicken breast, chicken wings, canned tuna in water, locally laid eggs, shrimp, scallops
Fats: walnut oil, mayo made with olive oil
Sweets: 70% dark chocolate, agave syrup
Carbs: 100% whole wheat bagels
Other: apple cidar vinegar, garlic chili sauce

All this totaled $180, not too bad for a lot of fresh, local and organic produce. I just hope this will last us the week. When my husband looks in the refrigerator he looks worried like I am going to starve him to death. The thing is there is no longer convenience to our food, I have to prepare it all the day before for the most part.

My food for the day:
Breakfast: plain yogurt and raspberries for breakfast
Lunch: Salad and garlic shrimp
Dinner: Seared apple cidar chicken and asparagus
Dessert: 4 strawberries dipped in dark chocolate (these were to die for!)

My husband ate:
Breakfast: 100% whole wheat bagel with butter
Lunch: tuna salad and salad topped with shredded swiss cheese
Dinner: Seared apple cidar chicken and asparagus
Dessert: 4 strawberries dipped in dark chocolate

9pm tonight my husband is rooting around in the fridge saying "What time do I have to stop eating?" Haha this is going to be a learning process....

No comments:

Post a Comment