Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow days mean we can cheat right?

Day 2

My husband and I woke up early this morning. I woke up in a panic thinking of how I was going to get to work with all the ice that had sheeted the roads last night. I walk downstairs and I find that my husband too is in a panic- he is standing in front of the open refrigerator with a worried look on his face. "Now what am I suppose to eat for breakfast?"

Chad ate a 100% whole wheat bagel.

Tonight for dinner we had seared scallops, green beans and some asparagus risotto. The scallops were amazing and the green beans tasted really good too. The risotto was a total cheat for the day but I caved when my husband looked at his plate of 6 scallops and 1 cup of green beans and asked if I was trying to starve him. Haha.

Tomorrow I want to make this recipe for Chicken wraps I found in The Perfect 10 diet book. Here is the recipe below. Chad and I will give you our rating tomorrow on how it turns out.

Chicken Wraps

Servings: 4 to 5
Total Time: 20 min.

Ingredients

4 cups cooked, chopped skinless chicken breast, cooled to room temperature
½ cup sour cream
½ cup green onion, finely chopped
½ finely chopped teaspoon fresh parsley
Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
½ cup toasted sunflower seeds
1 head butter lettuce leaves, separated, washed, and dried (to use as wraps)

Directions

  • Combine the chicken, sour cream, green onion, parsley, pepper, nutmeg, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
  • Spoon the chicken mixture into butter lettuce leaves, and roll up. Serve.

2 comments:

  1. I hear the first weeks of any project incorporating change are the toughest - keep up the good work. Glad the scallops were yummy - how did you make the Risotto?
    Falmito

    ReplyDelete
  2. The risotto was a cheat because it was from Trader Joe's. I am going to try and make some homemade risotto though to make up for it. Any recipes?

    ReplyDelete