Saturday, February 12, 2011

Farming in the Winter?

This morning I met my mom at the Indy Winter Farmers Market. She volunteers at the market every Saturday morning so I met her at 9 a.m. for her to show me around.

There was such an eclectic mix of people and booths as we walked around. I totally cheated our diet and  taste tested a salted carmel homemade marshmallow, they even toasted it for us. Uh...Yum. There was so many yummy things to buy but at least 50 % I couldn't buy because it was

A. Made of tasty yummy sugar
B. Made of bread
C. Made of soap

Bummer. There was fresh produce there though. I saw apples, tomatoes, lettuce, fresh herbs and homemade cheeses. I was too tempted to stay and shop so my mom and I went for coffee. I felt bad not buying anything but since we have only been eating this way for 2 weeks I am easily led astray, hence the marshmallow.

Here is the link to the Indy Winter Farmers Market. The market is open on Saturdays from 9-12:30 until April 30th.

http://www.indywinterfarmersmarket.org/

Even though I didn't stay long to shop it was a great way to see how others actually make a living from people who eat local food and food that is made naturally.

I will tell you one thing, about 3 weeks ago I would have torn up those baked goods...

No comments:

Post a Comment