Thursday, February 3, 2011

Eat and Learn

I am beginning to appreciate the food we have been eating this week. Even though it takes more time to prepare I do find myself happier after I eat and since the food tastes better I don't feel like I have to overeat it.

In this short week of eating naturally I have learned a couple simple things:
1. Adding fresh herbs and garlic can upgrade a dish instantly.
2. Stir frying additional vegetables with your chicken or shrimp easily increases your vegetable intake and makes you fill fuller faster.
3. Having a couple pieces of dark chocolate for dessert helps keep your sweet tooth at bay but still is satisfying.
4. Hard boiled eggs are a great source of protein that can be eaten for breakfast, a snack or part of lunch.
5. Meal planning is essential.

Here's my favorite lunch this week!

Simple and natural recipe for Egg salad on toast.

Boil water. Add eggs gently to water. Boil 10 minutes. Rinse eggs in cool water until they have cooled off. Peel eggs and chop coarsely.

2 coarsely chopped boiled eggs
2 tsp organic mayo made with olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
pepper to taste

Mix above ingredients. Toast a piece of 100% whole wheat bread and spread egg salad on top. I also ate a side salad with walnuts and natural raspberry vinaigrette to complete my lunch. Super easy and delish!

My husband says he has lost 4 pounds this week already. We both started to get back into the gym this week too. Feels good to be back on track.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog. You write in an engaging, conversational tone that pulls me in to want to read more! The added humor is a nice balance to the factual information that you present. I am excited to learn more about your "non-diet." Keep up the great work. Muah!

    ReplyDelete