Monday, February 21, 2011

New York, New York

I just got back from NYC. Five friends and I traveled out to the Empire State to visit our good friend Katie that we went to U of I with. I knew that eating natural would be a lot harder since we would be eating out a lot, I wouldn't be able to cook my meals and we would spend some of our evenings out late on the town.

I will say I didn't do too bad. For breakfast I went to the closest Whole Foods and bought some whole grain bread and natural peanut butter and had toast most mornings for breakfast. We went to brunch pretty much everyday since we enjoyed sleeping in and it took some time for 6 women to get ready each morning. One brunch I ate an asparagus, goat cheese and tomato omelet. The omelet also was served with a mixed green salad and I drank water. I tried to drink water and tea with meals and I also enjoyed eggs Florentine over spinach, veggie omelets and sushi during my trip.

To balance out my better meals I also enjoyed some NY pizza, hot chocolate, rice krispie treats, Oreo milk shake, watermelon margaritas, white wine, party mix, mozzarella sticks and a spinach ricotta calzone. Overall the junk food I consumed the Oreo milkshake and the watermelon margaritas were totally worth it- the rest wasn't even that satisfying.

The junk food binge is over and I am ready to eat better again. I already packed a healthy breakfast of yogurt and raspberries and a black bean and onion whole wheat quesadilla for lunch!

All the walking we did in NYC makes me feel a little better about the bad eating that took place but like my husband told me before I left "It's vacation!"

No comments:

Post a Comment