Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 days and 40 nights

Well it has been 40 days since Chad and I have started eating all natural food. It's kind of ironic because today is Ash Wednesday, now is the time people start giving up things for Lent, which is 40 days. I guess Chad and I are just ahead of the game :)

This experience has taught Chad and I how to prepare, shop, plan and explore natural foods. My husband has lost 15+ pounds and has motivated him to get back into the gym. Eating this way has also pushed me into other healthier choices, my co-worker and I have started to work out every morning at 6am before we go into work. Never would I have thought I would actually enjoy this but I do. Now that I am working out so early I am also mindful of getting enough sleep. I guess you could say that there is a domino effect in starting healthy habits. Plus doesn't take 6 weeks to make or break a habit? I think Chad and I will continue our efforts in eating clean but will cheat for convenience sake here and there.

Actually I have already cheated this week! I gave myself the permission to get some pizza for lunch on Tuesday. My rationale? It was fat Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment